Monday, September 28, 2009

Sugar Monkey Cupcakes

I am always looking for good cupcakes places and I wanted to try this place out. Ben and I went here a few weeks ago to try it out.



We got four cupcakes for $3 a piece.



From top right, clockwise, Cookies and Cream, Smores, Chocolate Raspberry, Red Velvet

Cookies and Cream- The frosting was a sugar load, but enjoyable with the cookie crumbs in it. The cake part was dry with cookie bits in it. Nothing special.

Smores-It was a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with a bit of marshmallow on top with a tiny bit of graham cracker crumbs. I would've liked more of the graham cracker taste.

Chocolate Raspberry-This was my favorite. It was chocolate cake with raspberry frosting. It was just the right amount of raspberry taste. Loved it!

Red Velvet-This was Ben's favorite. For me it was too sweet. I enjoy a cream cheese frosting with red velvet cake and this obviously was not cream cheese frosting.

Here is their daily menu calendar.
 

28 W. Chicago Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540


No comments:

Post a Comment