Monday, September 28, 2009

Charkies Restaurant

Ben and I have been here several times, and we love this place. The people that own this place are so nice and friendly and really know how to treat a customer properly. We went here yesterday for lunch before we went grocery shopping.


I got the Charkies Salad ($5.99) which has crispy romaine lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and onions topped with crumbled feta cheese, kalamata olives and a hardboiled egg.When you dine in at Charkies you always get a bowl of complimentary soup. The soup of the day was chicken noodle.





The soup was good, not fantastic, but still a good chicken noodle soup.


Sorry about this picture, I had to take it on my iphone, I couldn't get a decent picture on my camera. This salad was very good. The only complaint I have, even though it's my own fault for not telling them I don't want it on my salad, is raw onion! I cannot eat raw onion on a salad. I love onion, but a raw onion is too strong to eat in opinion.

Ben ordered the gyro sandwich value meal ($7.95) which came with a drink and french fries.
 
Whenever we go here, he always orders this, so it must be good. I tried a bite and it was tasty. He always orders his plain.

All in all we keep going back to this place for a reason, its damn good. Check it out!


 570 North Schmale Road
Carol Stream, IL 60188


No comments:

Post a Comment