Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rosebud Comfort Food

As we were in downtown Naperville last weekend we knew we wanted to stop somewhere for lunch and as we were walking around we decided to try out the newest venture by Rosebud. Rosebud is known for their Italian food, so I was kinda surprised when I saw that they had a comfort food place. I am a huge fan of comfort food so we were hoping that this place would pleasantly impress us.



I ordered the Croque Monsieur ($8.50) which is Pit Smoked Ham and Gruyere cheese on Brioche. It was served with a choice of sweet potato fries, steak fries, or waffle cut fries. I chose the sweet potato fries. The sandwich was eh...how do I put this, the bread reminded me of frozen texas toast and the sandwich was greasy. I must say though that they made up for the sandwich with the awesome sweet potato fries. They were hot, crunchy and sweet. Very well prepared!
 

Ben ordered the Rosebud Blue Ribbon Burger with American cheese ($11.25) which is a 100% USDA certified beef burger with a combo of sirloin, chuck and brisket and is served in a toasted pretzel bun. He had the waffle fries with his burger. He really enjoyed his meal. I had a bite of his burger and it was decent, but the baker in me fell in love with the pretzel bun. It was so good! (Sorry about the horrible quality of this picture, well I guess all my pictures! lol)

 

As you can see Ben loved his meal to the very last bite!



48 West Chicago Avenue
Naperville, IL 60540

No comments:

Post a Comment