Friday, August 28, 2009

Guava


Ben and I always try to go somewhere new when we go out to eat so we ended up trying this place. It is a newer restaurant and serves latin food and tapas. When it comes to going to restaurants, we are boring and always go to the same type of places ( american and asian styles are the most frequented by us) So trying this place was a real treat for us. We arrived and were seated right away. I had looked up the menu earlier in the day so I knew exactly what I wanted to get to drink, anyone who knows me knows that I love watermelon so I had to have the watermelon mojito ($8).

 
It had watermelon chunks and mint garnishing this refreshing drink. The drink tasted just like a good mojito should! I was not disappointed at all. Ben was borning and got water to drink.
For dinner I decided to order two tapas thinking they would be pretty small portions, boy was I wrong. They were very large portions and very filling. I ordered the Peruvian style tuna ceviche (10.95) with sweet potato. The only complaint I would have with this is that it could have been seasoned a little bit more, a little salt does a ceviche some good ;) The texture was good and the chips were huge and went very well with the ceviche.
  
The other tapa I got was a duck and sweet potato sope with peach salsa and queso fresco($8.95). The duck was very tender and the peach salsa was out of this world. The flavors of the dish really complimented eachother and made me a very happy customer. 

 Ben got the Steak Currasco with gandules, pozole, and poblano salsa. ($16.95) I am not going to really speak for him, but he enjoyed it. He only ate the steak, as I keep updating this blog you will come to realize my husband is the pickest eater.  He really doesn't like trying new things so it wasn't a shock to me that he didn't eat everything. The only comment he really had was that he would've liked the steak a little less cooked. He likes some pink in his red meat. 

All in all we will for sure come back to this place and we will recommend it to friends. I would love to come to this place with some girlfriends sometime and split a bunch of tapas. The decor is welcoming and the music was fun. It even looked like they have salsa dancing nights. So check this place out and hopefuly you will enjoy it as much and we did. 

800 E. Ogden Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
phone 630-654-9600

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog, Lindsey...what a great idea...!

    I needed a new place to take my mother-in-law for lunch on Tuesday after her MD appt in Oak Brook. She loves tapas and this place looks lovely and the dishes sound and look delicious and there seems to be many gluten-free items on the menu that I can eat as well.
    I will definitely be trying the duck...!

    I hope you won't mind if I post about this place, too after we go...I will link back to you, of course.

    Thanks for this post and have a great week...!

    ReplyDelete